The United Way of Cayuga County hosted its annual meeting virtually on Wednesday, May 13, 2020 welcoming board members, donors, and staff.
Board President, David Gould thanked everyone for joining virtually. He noted how grateful the board of directors was and continues to be for the support and commitment of the many donors and volunteers who are the lifeblood of the organization. President Gould noted that during these challenging times, now more than ever, that support and loyalty is even more crucial in helping people find hope and improve their lives.
Due to term limits the Board of Directors bid farewell to three stellar members:
James ‘Jim’ Orman has been an active member of our Campaign Cabinet since 2011 and joined the Board of Directors in 2013. During his time on the Board, Jim was the organization’s Treasurer and part of our Executive Committee. Jim has also been the Chair of the Administration & Finance Committee and a member of the Investment Committee. Jim has been essential in helping us create our new Audit Committee.
Vice President and Executive Committee member, Karen Quest joined the Board in 2014. Karen has been an active member of the Administration & Finance Committee and Investment Committee. Her volunteer service with us includes tax preparation through our CA$H program and helping at fundraisers. We are thrilled that Karen will continue to volunteer with the United Way as part of our new Audit Committee.
Joining the Board in 2013, John Lane is a Co-chair of the Fund Distribution & Agency Relations Committee and Chair of the Funds Distribution Review Panel. John was also a member of the Administration & Finance Committee. Additionally, John coordinated a much-needed donation of computers to the CA$H program.
The following members were re-elected for a second three-year term:
- Tom Ganey, Savannah Bank
- Jack Hardy, Community Member
- Renee Jensen, City of Auburn
- Michael Quill, Jr., Boyle & Anderson
- Meg Vanek, Retired—Cayuga County office of Tourism
The following members are joining the board for an initial three-year term:
- Jackie Dymtrenko, Executive Vice President, Cayuga Lake National Bank
- Mary Beth Leeson, Deputy Treasurer, Cayuga County
- Tracy Verrier, Executive Director of Cayuga Strategic Solutions, a joint venture of the Cayuga Economic Development Agency and the Cayuga County Chamber of Commerce.
The 2020-21 Executive Committee Includes:
- David Gould, President
- Renee Jensen, Vice President
- Mary Beth Leeson, Treasurer
- Jeff Pirozzolo, Secretary